Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I LOVE CORTAZAR

I have read a lot of books in my life, I don't know how many, I just know that I began loving them because my mother read me and took me to books fairs. When I was a child I loved so much a special book -which name I've forgotten- that I memorized a complete section of it. It said something like :
" -¡Help, help!
-Mom, did you listen it?
- Don't invent thing and eat your soup"
I used to feel glade She didn't obey her mother, because that scream of help was because the girl was closed to eat some of the persons that lived in her soup. It was a strange story, but I really liked it.
Nowadays my favorite writer is Julio Cortázar, I'm intrigued by his way to write and his topics. I guess that I keep in the way of the oddity, because the books that I like the most are about persons becoming insects (that one is written by Franz Kafka) or people that die putting a sweater on him.
In special I like the short stories than show big improbable words, for example, "A yellow flower"  by my mentioned favorite writer is about a man who discover than we are immortal,  the bad part is that He knows it because He is not immortal anymore. The difference with other writers is that Cortázar says that the immortality is about other persons who lives the same that we live but according to their time.
The most special thing in the Cortázar's stories are the environments and the big possibility for the personage to die.

4 comments:

  1. I love Cortazar, my favorite book is "Bestiario"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cortázar is one of my favorite writers too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cortazar is a fantastic writer! My favorite books of him are "historias de cronopios y famas" and "rayuela" (L)

    ReplyDelete